You’ve got your friends, a time and location for you to play, but then you realize.
You don’t know what dice you need!
Dice are an essential part of playing Dungeons & Dragons, as without them it makes the game harder to play.
You can find all sorts of cool dice at your local game store, and I highly recommend buying them there.
But, if you do not have one of these stores near you (or just like buying things online at 3 am like me) I recommend DiceEnvy for your dice needs.
But before you buy, you need to know what kind of Dice you will need to play the game.
These dice come in sets usually and are classified by their highest number coupled with a “D” before it.
The list goes as follows:
– a D6 for your standard die,
– a D8 for when you need 8 sides,
– a D10/D100, both are ten-sided just a D100 will be going up by 10 and a D10 will go up by 1,
– D12, for those that need to go up to 12,
– And a D20, a 20 sided die that when in doubt, is probably the one needed to be rolled in the game.
These dice are vital for playing as you will roll these dice to determine outcomes for events.
For instance, a D20 is used for rolling to see if you succeed on a skill such as pickpocketing, attacking, or persuading people.
A D4, D6, D8, D10, D12 are most often associated with how much damage an attack does to an enemy.
By now, you should have some dice have plans to meet up with friends, and next, we have to create your character.